Friday, September 18, 2009

frustration

I know that I have blogged Austin's birth story yet, and I will. I just have something else to get off of my chest.
Work.
So as you know I went on bed rest on 7/16. I had Austin on 9/3. I let HR know the situation and it turns I out I am a whopping 56 hours short so I am NOT eligable for FMLA. My HR response was if I thought that I wouldn't be eligable I should have made other arrangements.
HOW IN THE HELL WOULD I HAVE EVER THOUGHT I WOULDN"T BE ELIGABLE. Are you kidding me?????????????????????????
If I had known that it was 56 hours, I would have figured out how to plant my fat ass at work somehow. If I was eligable I would be able to stay home for up to 16 weeks after my 8 weeks of maternity disability.
On top of that the HR rep has been oh so great. She was great up until I clarified some things. She then said "perhaps I got confused when I went on bed rest".
I feel like I am being punished for doing the right thing and making sure my child came into this world healthy.
I am in tears because I am so frustrated.
So now I have to go back to work on 10/29. Which I realize is still more than a month away but I am so sad. I mean we can really afford for me to be off that much longer anyway, but this really fucking sucks. I did everything I was supposed to, dr notes, was proactive, everything. I am so not a proactive person to begin with.
So now I am trying to focus on the positives, although every day that goes by I don't see much that is positive.
I do thank god that my son is healthy and growing. He is beautiful and I love him so much.
I am lucky to have a great husband, and parents, and in laws. I am lucky to have a job.
So I am trying not to have a pity party, but man this is soooooooooo hard.

1 comment:

  1. I went through the same thing when I had Bryce...had to go back early because my bedrest actually ate into my FMLA leave. It was really hard and sucked. Just make sure the time you do have is good quality time. :) Hang in there sister.

    ReplyDelete