Monday, July 27, 2009

baby shower, pre term labor, and the heat wave from hell

Where do I begin?
Let's start with Saturday, my mom chipped in(with prompting from my sister because mom's hip isn't so great) to hire someone to come in and clean the house. My husband has been burning the candle at both ends and I didn't want to add more to his plate.
Becki came on Saturday and did a great job, I was most excited about my bathroom being clean and sparkly. The reason for the deep clean is that my baby shower was Sunday.

Sunday was the baby shower and it was fantastic, and so much fun. Before the shower mom and I got pedicures, as I can't reach my feet :)
Noelle, Kristy, and Shannon threw the shower for me. They did a great job, it was perfect. I was also excited to see my girlfriends, some of whom I haven't seen in awhile. Austin was spoiled rotten, we received some fantastic things for him. Dan went through all of the gifts, he loved them all too. Everyone admired the great job he has done on the nursery. I really need to post some pictures.


Anywhoo I woke up today with the familiar cramping, took my med thinking it would stop. I took a shower, and was about to call my in laws as they have AC at their house. I laid down after the shower because I was still in pain, and fell back asleep. I woke up again at 11:30 and I was still in pain so I called my Dr.'s office. I spoke to the nurse and after a series of questions I was told to go to the hospital because there wasn't a Dr available in office today.
I called my in law's, they weren't home but my sister in law was, and she and my niece rescued me.
Got in the room, and they had to do lady things that I won't go into, did another ultrasound, drew blood, did an IV, and hooked me up to the monitor. I was contracting of course, so then I had the fun shot that makes me shake even though I am not cold.
Dan was able to get off a little early and come down to relieve my sis in law and niece.

So now I have to take my contraction meds twice a day, and it looks like I have a UTI so I get to take antibiotics too.
I go back to the Dr. tomorrow and we will go from there. I am guessing that I am not going back to work anytime soon.
Anyone have anything I can do for them while lying down???

1 comment:

  1. I'll come up with a list of wedding admin stuff you can do. Just to make you feel useful :-)

    ReplyDelete