Wednesday, August 12, 2009

just a routine visit

So I went to the Dr. today for my weekly visit. She asked me if I felt like I was contracting, and I said I wasn't sure. She decided to put me on the monitor to check, and sure enough I was contracting pretty frequently. She then checked my cervix which has thinned but not dilated. So then she told me to get to the hospital now. So my mother in law (who took me to the appt at 7:30 am, bless her) drove me to Valley. Meanwhile I am talking to my husband to let him know what was going on. So we get to the hospital and I get hooked up, get the super fun shot that makes me shake uncontrollably and gives me a wicked headache, and the contractions stopped.

Dr. Glover said that I need to hold on 2 more weeks, and to quote "it won't be a disaster if the baby comes". So we just need to hang on two more weeks. I really don't believe I will go early. There are plenty of women out there that contract, only to see their due date come and go. My husband is convinced, along with my work wife, that I will go early. My sister called me and she said it would be ok with her to have him around the 22nd of this month, since she will be here on the 25th for a week long visit. We shall see, he was breach at last ultrasound, he needs to turn in the right direction.

Otherwise we are all good on the home front. Our birthing classes are this weekend, I am excited to learn more. Mama Stortini's moved to Kent Station, so I might get a date after our class on Saturday:)

I am feeling much more positive, and I am confident that the baby is ok, so whatever happens from here will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment